Thursday, March 13, 2008

Weekend Surfside Poser


yep that's me in the pic loooking like a pro.hahaha

Have you seen Blue Crush? Well I have- at least a couple of times. I can't really say that I liked the movie, because frankly, I don't remember its plot. *wink* However, I do recall that everytime I'm done watching it, I feel the strong(!) urge to wear my sportiest-looking bikini, hit the beach, and you know, be Kate Bosworth.


But, as many of you are aware of by now, I don't know how to swim. Actually I can, a little bit. But my swimming skills aren't exactly Bosworth-y. I don't take lessons simply because I am a firm believer in life jackets! Too bad Kate, Cameron, and all other surfer chicks never wear it. Oh well Thank Pete! Because if they did, that would look completely silly in the paparazzi pics!! And we're talking about complete chicas here, try to picture what I would look like if I attempt to surf using one!


So imagine my relief when I found that:
1. Apart from net-surfing, channel-surfing, I can add another surfing skill under my belt
2. I can do it wearing a lifejacket
3. I don't look like a total troll doing #1 & #2.

Great right? This is how it all happened.

A few weekends ago, my colleagues and I went out of town to escape the curse of commodities rally, conventional gilts,libor spreads, beta and volatility, etc..I'm sure you get the picture. I was dying to go, because I've never been to a Batangas beach (haha). Plus I really wanted to try surfing, especially after my plans of white-water rafting didn't push through the week earlier. On a sunny Saturday morning, we left Manila 3 hours after our agreed time of departure. The beach was around 3-4 hour drive away from the city. It's safe to say we were completely famished by the time we got there. After going to the market(not palengke, let's not offend Jenny from the Urban Rich.hehe), we spent a few of hours cooking, eating while cooking, just eating,lounging, eating some more..basically imitating a pig's life. We were so tempted to just sleep after, because you have to understand we're tireeed. Dozing off was the only option.

But one look at the sea, ONE look, and I'm possessed by Kate Bosworth all over again..hahaha

Just minutes after my Kate B epiphany, my WINDSURFING career started officially. None other than the resort owner gave us surfing lessons. I don't remember his name. He's nice. I'm sorry. I'm bad with names. Sorry.(But then again, I dont' even remember what he taught us. Forward, Normal, Backward. Upwind. Whatever. I'm not really a good listener -goldfish in general are not good listeners.)

It's not as hard as I thought you know. Coming from the least sporty girl in the universe, this should convince you to try it. Go. If you must cross out one item on your Bucket List, try windsurfing. It's fun. Tiring. Tiring but super fun. I can't give you tips, sadly, because I only went as far as the wind took me (drama!lurve it) I know I don't sound convincing, but lookadattt pics!!!



Here's a shot of the resort's exit to the beach. I dont' remember where we stayed, but you can send me a message if you're interested, I'll look it up for you. Anyway, Batangas is such a water sports haven, I'm sure you wouldn't have a hard time looking for a place to stay at.

Total Damage? Around Php 3000(US$1=Php41 est.), that's including our room accomodations overnight, food, gas, surfing lessons, windsurfing equipment. Not bad huh?



No comments:

you are visitor number...