Saturday, June 7, 2008

Magazine Junkie: Harper's Bazaar - Singapore

What's interesting about this Harper's copy, you may ask?

Two things:

1. Giselle Go (Preview Magazine's own fashion ed) is Editor in Chief. She did the other feature story with Marion Cotillard. I'm not sure if she was in the actual interview. Well if she was, wow, envy!

2. If you happen to have seen both HB Singapore and Preview (Manila) I'm sure you've noticed the striking similarities between their pages.

Lay-out. Writing. Fonts! (which is by the way screaming US Vogue's red/white/black combo).

I'm not sure who copied who. Doesn't matter. They probably took inspiration from Vogue (and other big guns) anyway. Plus, who can claim originality these days?

I left my copy in Singapore (left picture, from Ebay haha-- note this Image is my own copy now), but I'll have it back by tomorrow. I'll post pictures of HB's pages, and you be the judge.

(Note: I love HB Singapore. I love magazines in general. And among the local mags here in Manila, I used to like Preview a lot - I think I never missed a copy when I was still in school. Now I think, basing it from their cover star choices, they are definitely heading to another direction. Personally, if I want to see a belly dancing mermaid on the cover, I'd rather buy YES! - that would save me what, Php50?Haha. I'm sure they won't care (or even read this) but anyway, Pax, PREVIEW!)

No comments:

you are visitor number...