Monday, June 30, 2008

Flick Pick: August Rush

I know this is a one-year-late-recommendation but screw that one year! This movie is a MUST-SEE! I had the OST for quite sometime though I haven't seen the movie. Thanks to my officemate who share the same passion for music, I was intrigued by the OST. I kept playing it over and over again and that's when I decided to buy the DVD.

If you're up for the romance and the music (like me hihi :p) this movie can make it to your top 5 list. I bet! Although the ending is a little unfinished it still is a movie worth your time. The writer probably thought of giving our brains a little exercise. Imagination people! haha.

Plus, the cast is great! Keri Russell (Lyla Novacek)! Do you remember Felicity? I do. I used to watch that when Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill and the OC are not yet even conceptualized. Felicity was my Thursday night fix (Channel 9 baby! haha). And Jonathan Rhys Meyers (Louis Connelly), don't you love a guitarist/vocalist with an Irish accent? Who wouldn't fall head over heels for that guy? A rockstar with an Irish accent (I told you I'm into rockstars)! Although not your typical beautiful guy, his ruggedness is to die for. Oh, and the little boy, the child prodigy of music, Freddie Highmore (August Rush)...he's going to be the next Haley Joel Osment! Not only do they look the same but they are both good child actors!

And...the MUSIC! it'll make you go berserk just thinking about it!

Go watch it NOW! Maybe I'm exaggerating...but I'm not. I just looooooooove the movie that much! Ipod playlist updated...it now includes some classical. Mozart goodness! :)

A breath of fresh air in this time where superheroes, violence, sex, aliens and robots sell!

No comments:

you are visitor number...