Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pop Nightmare Scenario #1: If IPODs can only save 5 songs


Or in the most overplayed terms – what are the Top 5 can’t-live-without, I’ll-trade-my-brother-for-a –copy, it’s-in-my-official--soundtrack songs of our lives!Yes, this is a LIST. What self-respecting pop blog doesn’t have a list?And did you not read High Fidelity? (I think I heard you say no.I say read it now!) Anyway, at the risk of sounding like a total music loser (tasteless, crappy, mainstream, blah) here are popshionista’s just-in-case-our-blog-header-comes-to-life playlists.


M’s List(My list, thus the impossible dissections)

1. I Miss You- by Incubus. I’ve been in love with this song for years. I’ve been listening to this everyday (on the average. sicko I know) since 2002. On my way to work. Before I sleep. During breakfast, lunch, brunch, dinner. Basically I play it all the time. This is one of the band’s less popular songs and I couldn’t be happier. It’s my SONG after all! All mine. Brandon wrote it for me. The melody is kind of strange (jungle sounds!). At times, I half-expect Tarzan to sing-along. But it’s all in the lyrics darlings. It kills me! Haha. I missed the Incubus concert in Manila twice. And if its’ any consolation, they did not sing I Miss You on both occasions!

2.Tempted – by Squeeze. Totally catchy and hip although sometimes it sounds like a country song. Perfect road trip music a la Winona Ryder and Janeane Garofalo in Reality Bites. Just in case I decide to cheat in the future, this will be my theme.

3. Symphony of Blasé – by Anberlin. I don’t know. But this song has a melancholic appeal that I really like. Kind of depressing. It brings out all sorts of emotion that you don’t even remember having. It’s sickening actually. Love it!

4. Somewhere only we know- by Keane. The title says it all. I’m an incurable romantic.

5. Brighter than Sunshine – by Aqualung. This song is my personal swoon-fest. My feel-happy, knees-reduced-to jelly song. Is this a proper wedding song? Because I’m seriously considering this one (that is if I get married at all!)

I's note : M.. your playlist is a killer! Incubus...oooh Incubus! Brandon Boyd is the purrrrfect guy. I'm in love with him for as long as I can remember. Skinny rockstar boy in his white shirt! work it! haha. and the song I miss you...it's really for u! although we're both in love with the same man, i bet you are his 3 fold utopian dream! woot woot! and Tempted...gawd 80s music brilliance! soo brilliant that they even used it on Grand Theft Auto! hahaha.


I’s List ( completely more sensible, I’d trade Ipods with her)

1. Scientist – by Coldplay. A no-brainer choice. Grammy winning artist who penned some of the most romantic songs recently. Put the song in a movie about a love that was lost and eventually recovered. Perfect! And remember that rendezvous moment of Josh Hartnett and Diane Kruger on the movie? This song was on the backgroud. My heart is bleeding seriously!

2. Walking after you - by the Foo fighters. I dare say Foo Fighters is one of the more inventive artists around! This is one of their mellow songs. I wouldn't mind setting this song on repeat mode until my Ipod gives up on playing it. I literally shed a tear for this song once...ewww! haha!

3. Boston - by Augustana. Ultimate break free song. It's this song that makes you want to sail away and go emo by yourself. priceless mtv moment! haha.

4. Colourway – by Taken by cars . Nothing but a good hybrid of electronika alternative house pop! Local indie band at its finest! I just can't stop listening to it. The beats..the irony of the song!The whole album is to die for! But I can only pick one. Tragic!

5. Your call – by Secondhand Serenade.. i was born to tell u i love you. Absolutely love-sickening!

See, her list is a little more tasteful to say the least.Love to know what’s on your Ipod.

I's note: this is torture..really! i mean.. if Ipods can only save 5 songs, someone shoot me now. Music is Life! :)


No comments:

you are visitor number...