Thursday, May 15, 2008

Pop Secret : RICO SALANDANAN



Well if you work in the Makati area, this little haven is probably not unknown to you.

I've been lurking around Landmark for the last 4 years regularly(!), but I must confess that it was only early last year when I really took notice of this spot. Admit it(yes you, Landmark-goer!) the shop display has TITA clothes (trans. AUNT) written all over it. The colors either too flamboyant or too bland. The shape, the design, a little odd. If you're under 30, their front display, I'm betting, is not exactly your taste. Exactly my thoughts, before.

The next time you're around the area, I urge you to consider exploring the inner racks of Rico Salandanan. You'll be surprised to see that their clothes are versatile, vibrant, and in fact, ageless!

I think the cut is very nice. The details in the clothes are pretty (origami-folds, pleats, bows, huge buttons). At one point, I felt some of the dresses looked like it was straight from Roland Mouret's runway (remember the galaxy dress?)! More importanly, it's affordable!! I recently bought a yellow dress (tulip-shaped, with front pleats) for less than Php700. Not bad, considering that it's well-made and NOT MASS-PRODUCED!

I'll try to post pictures of my previous purchases soon (really busy these days). I've got this really nice i-mean-business skirt, block color dress, totally papansin (flashy??) cropped-jacket etc.

Go!! Pay a visit soon! Especially now, when it seems Librarian Chic is here to stay! Go Lily van der Woodsen!Branches: The Landmark in Makati and Trinoma.

No comments:

you are visitor number...