Saturday, May 3, 2008

Flick Pick: Iron Man



Watched Iron Man today and I must say that it was a pretty good movie! The story...the effects and the thespians!

Click click for my thoughts! :)


I like Gwyneth (but not as obssessive as M haha wink wink to my love M! :p) for as long as I can remember. Remember Great Expectations with Ethan Hawke? Gawd that was a good movie and not to mention its brilliant soundtrack. Anyway, back to Iron Man. 

I didn't know who Iron Man was before I watched the movie. I'm not a comic fan. Sorry. But I guess I had my fair share of the Marvel superheroes, the more popular ones like Spiderman, the Hulk and the Xmen. But not Iron Man. I even thought that it was a sequel for the Man in the Iron Mask. Haha stupid me. 

And Robert Downey Jr? I thought he was way too old for the character. But some of my more comic wise friends said that he was perfect for the role. It was like putting the character to life...literally! So much for my comics-know-who....it's poor judgment of me. Apologies.

But after watching the movie, my rants were all washed up!

BTW, for all you guys who haven't watched the movie yet, wait after the ending credits. There's a little surprise video clip! :) Everyone was saying that it was cool. But the ignorant me just couldn't decipher who the mystery man was until boyfriend explained it further. haha. 

I guess I just have to read more comics. :)


 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robert Downey Js really is IRON MAN!! he owns the character.amazing.

Anonymous said...

and of course GP being in the film was a plus.
hahaha

popshionista said...

i know. i didnt realize that until i watched the movie. i began to like RDJ. hahah. and what can i say? gwyneth...she made the movie even better! :P

you are visitor number...